Technical Customer Service AssociateRef:1000
Join Assurant, one of the leading providers in lifestyle & automotive protection in Europe, as a Technical Customer Service Associate.
We’re looking for an experienced Technical Customer Service Associate to join our team. You’ll be working within our operations department as a technical customer service associate and will be responsible for carrying out and monitoring the full process of claim handling and claims administration, this includes taking calls and making claim decisions based on technical/mechanical knowledge. The technical customer service associate is accountable for gathering all information needed to perform technical claim assessments and all administration related to MBI (Mechanical Breakdown Insurance) claims. The majority of the work will be done using electronic claim systems. As technical customer service associate you are responsible for maintaining the service level agreements. In close cooperation with other members of the team, the technical customer service associate ensures that claims are handled timely within the set service level agreements and they are carried out and assessed correctly according to the existing procedures and instructions.
You’ll be responsible for the following;
· Handling and investigating all claims in accordance with agreed service level agreements, contracts and against policy conditions. The claim process exists of:
o Collect appropriate claim documentation
o Communicate with dealers and importers
o Review claims
o Make final decision of claim acceptance or claim denial and support staff with first line decision
o Enter claim information into appropriate reports and electronic claim systems
o Edit claim letters
o Organize assessments for claims
o Enters policy information and data into the appropriate systems.
o Continues improvement across claims by identifying opportunities arising from trends in complaints and service issues.
o Maintains a filing system.
· Seeks to continuously improve processes by challenging ways of working and recommends changes.
· Supports with creating business processes, terms and conditions of new products, operational flow charts.
· Implements a Treating Customers Fairly (TCF) procedure and monitors the implementation and follow-up.
· Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes.
· Other tasks and responsibilities as assigned.
The ideal person to join us will hold the following requirements:
• Intermediate vocational education - car mechanics
• Demonstrating practical skills with a customer contact basis.
• Good Administration Skills Knowledge of General Insurance
• Knowledge of car mechanics.
• Highly organized with strong attention to detail and ability to prioritize.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to demonstrate attention to detail.
• Analytical and practical skills; applying theoretical or practical knowledge to new situations and problems.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Sound judgment.
• Good critical thinking skills.
• Broad knowledge of companies’ products.
• English language - level A2 - verbal and in writing.
• Intermediate level Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel.
Joining our award-winning team gives you the opportunity to progress and be rewarded, as well as enjoying a fantastic benefits package.
At Assurant, we’re passionate about our people. After all, it’s our dynamic and successful team that allows us to provide lifestyle insurance solutions that bring our customers peace of mind, protecting what’s important to them. We’re proud to say we keep life running smoothly for over 300 million consumers; we’re also the UK’s largest provider of mobile device protection. Partnering with 9 of the top 20 best global brands, we are market leaders with decades of experience in the industries we serve.
If you’re ready for a challenge and to become part of delivering our brilliant services, apply today.
Assurant have been awarded the Silver standard by Investors In People and have received recognition by Business In The Community for Workplace Gender Equality.
Job Description: Technical_Customer_Service_Associate.docx