Assurant, one of the leading providers of mobile device protection in Europe, serves over 30 million European customers. Its businesses develop, underwrite, market and administer specialty insurance including mobile phone insurance, gadget insurance and extended service contracts through collaborative relationships with mobile network operators, retail banks, electronic goods and household appliance manufacturers and retailers.
As a partner we provide solutions which assist our corporate clients to support their customer engagement, growth and loyalty aspirations.
Reporting to the Director of Repair and Services, Europe The Engineering and Automation Manager plans, organizes, leads, controls, and coordinates the provision of services in the areas of engineering, process development, and automation. This includes (but not limited too) the development, installation, and support of new and existing engineering and automation processes; including facilities and equipment. The Engineering and Automation Manager is responsible for the safe and effective execution of all engineering and automation related activities.
- In consultation with peers and associates as appropriate, develops short- and long- term goals and plans for areas of responsibility.
- Develops, secures approval of, and administers an operating budget for attainment of agreed upon goals in accordance with approved plans.
- Formulates policy for area(s) of responsibility and secures appropriate approvals. Develops and administers procedures necessary to implement approved policy and provides the overall direction necessary to ensure the delivery of efficient and effective area services
- Hires, develops, evaluates, and (when necessary) disciplines personnel or makes authoritative recommendations in such matter. Develops function-specific orientation and training programs for area personnel. Establishes standards for effective job performance and evaluates associates according to such standards. Delegates these responsibilities to supervisory personnel as appropriate
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of an effective organization for area(s) of responsibility, including: a) efficient work flow patterns; b) established performance standards; c) effective delegation of duties and responsibilities; d) suitable staffing levels; e) appropriate supervision; and f) systems for timely communication of pertinent information
- Responsible for the provision of services in engineering and automation including (but not limited too); development, installation, and support of new and existing engineering and automation processes, development and implementation of new product introduction processes, new repair / logistics process development, implementation of advanced automated quality assurance processes, development of client/product implementation system support, and customer service
- Leveraging Lean 6 Sigma principles for the development, implementation, documentation, and monitoring of an ongoing repair, logistics, and quality assurance programs.
- Within Engineering and Automation Operations will work in conjunction with New Product Development to assist with new product development and process modifications
- Participates on committees and programs in support of enhanced Repair and Logistics Information system / reporting development and deployment.
- Will monitor and drive the profitability of the products assigned
- Serves as a liaison with account management, resolving any operational, system, client and product issues that may arise
- Create and/or modify processes to allow for the processing and servicing of new accounts and products, as well as improving existing processes when practical and cost effective.
- Serves as liaison with other organizational components; establishes and maintains the working rapport necessary to develop cooperation and effectively integrate area services into the company’s overall business fulfillment system.
- Receives and investigates all complaints concerning his or her area(s) of responsibility and its personnel; determines and takes corrective action
- Remains abreast of developments in the field(s) by pursuing a program of self development, participating in professional organizations, interacting with peers, reviewing pertinent literature, and so forth. Incorporates advancements when practicable and cost effective
- Manages the preparation of records as well as recurring and special reports and analyses for area(s) of responsibility ensuring that they are complete, accurate and prepared on time. Reviews and interprets these in order to ascertain the extent to which goals are being attained. Initiates corrective action as necessary.
- Level of knowledge ordinarily acquired through completion of a master’s degree in electrical engineering, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Extensive experience of progressive leadership experience managing complex engineering, automation, software, electronics, product development and test operations
- Frequent interruptions, working under deadlines, creative thinking, working on multiple projects simultaneously, making decisions based on incomplete information, working in a fast paced environment with diversified areas handling multiple product lines.
- Able to travel
- Highly skilled engineering and automation leader with extensive strategic and tactical experience, results-oriented, high energy, high urgency, and embraces effective change.
- Human Resource policies and procedures, area-specific policies and procedures, manufacturing, automation, electronics, systems integration, life cycle modelling, new product introduction, process development and deployment, leveraging Lean / 6 Sigma tools, project and resource planning, and systems implementation
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Highly analytical with excellent interpersonal skills.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a market leader
Assurant is a fast paced organisation that has large growth plans. This role will not only provide you with excellent career progression but will let you be part of the success story.
Job Description: Engineering_manager.docx