Supplier Quality Engineer X2Ref:SC
Supplier Quality Engineer
Assurant, one of the leading providers of mobile device protection in Europe, serves over 30 million European customers. Its businesses develop, underwrite, market and administer specialty insurance including mobile phone insurance, gadget insurance and extended service contracts through collaborative relationships with mobile network operators, retail banks, electronic goods and household appliance manufacturers and retailers.
As a partner we provide solutions which assist our corporate clients to support their customer engagement, growth and loyalty aspirations.
The Supplier Quality Engineer will support the overall Quality and Operations Management System. This position must drive incoming quality by evaluating new and existing suppliers, driving the incoming quality verification program at the Company, and resolving supplier issues to closure in a timely manner. The SQE will track supplier quality issues in real time. Additionally, the SQE is responsible for supporting audits of the company supplier quality management system for ISO compliance. The SQE must develop audit plans, document and report audit results including any non-conformances. The SQE shall drive the preventive and corrective action program for all facets of the purchasing management system of the Company. The SQE will also be responsible for supporting Supply Chain and Purchasing Management in driving cost reduction
- Provide supplier qualifications, material issue resolution, driving supplier corrective actions, component/BOM validation, supplier audits, and maintain the approved supplier list.
- Perform internal supplier/purchasing auditing to ISO standard requirements. Documenting procedures necessary to meet ISO practices, where necessary.
- Maintain and continuously improve the accuracy of test and calibration equipment. Work with test equipment suppliers to assure lowest cost most effective and capable systems.
- Drive corrective and preventive action program, from initiation to resolution of items. Collect and analyze data to track supplier improvement.
- Develop and manage a true incoming materials quality program to verify the actual state of supplied materials and drive purchased material quality improvement.
- Assist in the transition to manufacturing and process control of specific purchased material incorporating evaluation, benchmarking and validation techniques including capability studies.
- Initiate and drive scrap-reduction and cost-savings project teams.
- Work with Supply Chain and Purchasing Management to drive supplier process and materials compliance to Signal requirements. Work with Engineering and Manufacturing to ensure that all product documentation and products reflect the appropriate marking, labeling, and packaging to meet standard transportation and customer requirements.
- Initiate documents and maintain the company supplier and purchasing management system w/ supporting data reporting, tracking and auditing.
- Require knowledge of ISO 9000 and/or QS 9000 standards
- Must demonstrate attention to detail
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills. Able to successfully interface with technical and non-technical personnel such as inspectors, designers, buyers, vendors, manufacturing personnel, and management
- High energy professional with the ability to establish and maintain effective business relationships with all suppliers and vendors
- Strong interpersonal skills to deal effectively with problem solving, brainstorming sessions, strategy development and conflict resolution
- Superior negotiation skills
- Driven, goal oriented, never confuses effort with results
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Strong consulting and cross-functional business relationship skills
- Bachelor’s degree in any Engineering disciple
- Familiarity with supply chain and purchasing disciplines
- Familiarity with LEAN Manufacturing and Six Sigma methodologies
- Ability to utilize Six Sigma tools to resolve product/process issues
- Ability to read, interpret, and understand technical and non-technical documents including but not limited to contracts, product drawings, and product specifications
- Proficiency with standard business and specialized software packages
- Excellent Communication and presentation skills for external and internal audiences of all levels
- ASQ Quality Engineering Certification
- Previous auditing experience
- Wireless of consumer electronics logistics/repair/manufacturing
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a market leader
Assurant is a fast paced organisation that has large growth plans. This role will not only provide you with excellent career progression but will let you be part of the success story.
Job Description: A1OP00211_Supplier_Quality_Engineer_final.docx