Senior Business Continuity PlannerRef:823
Assurant, one of the leading providers of mobile device protection in Europe, serves over 30 million European customers. Its businesses develop, underwrite, market and administer specialty insurance including mobile phone insurance, gadget insurance and extended service contracts through collaborative relationships with mobile network operators, retail banks, electronic goods and household appliance manufacturers and retailers.
As a partner we provide solutions which assist our corporate clients to support their customer engagement, growth and loyalty aspirations.
The Senior Business Continuity Planner is responsible for the implementation of Enterprise Business Continuity (BC) Policies, procedures, standards, and solutions to help mitigate risks and ensure continuation of business in the event of a major business disruption. The Senior Business Continuity Planner will facilitate the Business Continuity Life Cycle (business impact analysis, assessing risks, strategy development, plan documentation, testing, and maintenance) for their assigned locations.
- Influence, shape and execute solutions to realise objectives
- Ownership for the delivery in year objectives aligned to required performance standards
- Effectively uses all resources to ensure optimisation of delivery
- Engages positively with stakeholders across the enterprise
- Actively participate in team collaboration and information sharing
- Constructively challenges drivers for change and takes ownership of change activity ensuring implementation is timely, to quality within budget and risks are mitigated.
- Practices good written and verbal communication
- Focuses on achieving objectives even when working with differing working styles of others
- Identify opportunities both embracing and encouraging change
- ·Manage risks, including identification, mitigation and controls within department/ span of control
- Day to day management of systems and controls aligned to regulatory responsibilities
- Ensures positive engagement with stakeholders internally/ externally
- Drive and support a compliant and customer centric culture
- Drives delivery through the engagement of people and cross functional teams
- To live the company values in everything you do
- Adhere to Information Security, Compliance & Business Continuity policy
- Business Continuity certification through BSI or DRI organizations
- Extensive experience of business continuity or disaster recovery experience
- Project Management aptitude and experience
- Knowledge of insurance, financial, I/T, manufacturing, and risk operations
- Familiar with identifying critical business processes & interdependencies on systems and applications
- Ability to collaborate with others local and across the enterprise
- Must build credibility & trust with management, partners, & team to accomplish work objectives
- Good time management to deliver results ahead of or by target dates
- Works well in teams as well as independently
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a market leader
Assurant is a fast paced organisation that has large growth plans. This role will not only provide you with excellent career progression but will let you be part of the success story
Job Description: Senior_Business_Continuity_Planner_2_.docx