Assurant, one of the leading providers of mobile device protection in Europe, serves over 30 million European customers. Its businesses develop, underwrite, market and administer specialty insurance including mobile phone insurance, gadget insurance and extended service contracts through collaborative relationships with mobile network operators, retail banks, electronic goods and household appliance manufacturers and retailers.
As a partner we provide solutions which assist our corporate clients to support their customer engagement, growth and loyalty aspirations.
This job is responsible for the quality assurance stage of software development and deployment. You'll conduct automated and manual tests to ensure the software created by developers is fit for purpose. You will ensure that systems developed in-house are fully tested and meet the high standards of quality expected by the business, and actively maintain the automation frameworks used, providing input on improvements.
- Responsible for the testing of software produced by the Development teams via means of test automation scripts, as well as manual testing where appropriate.
- Provide input into the strategy and planning of all automation activities, ensuring that project deliverables are catered for and that long term maintenance schedules are realised.
- Investigate and verify problems with the software systems and base data reported by the business and hand to the relevant parties for solution
- Take ownership of the automation framework employed by Assurant, being responsible for all updates and adherence to the defined process that supports these activities.
- Liaise with the necessary parties during the testing life cycle to ensure that the implementation is delivered on time and of expected quality
- Raise any issues found during the course of normal use/testing to the appropriate parties
- Report any problems or issues that may affect the agreed deadline to the line manager as soon as they are known
- Engage with the review of project requirements, highlighting risk and assisting the Test Manager with recommendations concerning the testing approach
- To support test planning and strategy, creating Test Plans and appropriate Test Cases when needed. This will also include the creation of Test Automation scripts, or amendments to existing tests.
- Adopt a professional approach and behaviour when dealing with the business and user community
- Contribute to the effectiveness of the Test Team by the sharing of technical and business knowledge
- Carry out additional duties as directed in line with business needs
- Experience of testing within financial or telecommunications projects
- Experience of running a small team of testers within a project, achieving shared testing goals
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to self-manage their own schedule
- Ability to work well within a team and support others
- Demonstrates a strong character and is not adverse to challenging assumptions.
- Excellent ability to work using own priorities/timescales
- Demonstrates ability to learn quickly and pro-actively find solutions to problems
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to work unsupervised
- Flexible, resilient and able to change focus on demand
- Commercial awareness and a commitment to the business
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
- Excellent attention to detail, and an ability to document bugs effectively, resulting in minimal triage
- Good technical and business analysis skills
- Excellent computer skills. Advantageous to be familiar with JIRA.
- Broad understanding of the organisations processes and background
- ISEB certification to Foundation level as minimum, but an intermediate or advanced qualification is preferred.
- Experience of testing within Telecommunications and Insurance business sectors
- Proficient in manual testing and the specific automation and coding skills required for automation.
- Experience of testing within change/project area that utilise remote delivery and matrix management of teams & delivering into client in a Global delivery model
- No less than 5 years’ experience within a Software testing role
- Previous experience of working with Global Consultancy required
- A working knowledge of JAVA and .NET, with a proven track history of their application in testing
- An understanding of Selenium - Webdriver, IDE, Grid within automated frameworks like Hybrid/TestNG/Cross-Browser & Page will be preferred
- Applicant must have strong experience with Selenium, having actively used this in project deliveries
- Experience of procuring or creating complicated data sets for testing purposes.
- Understanding of multiple testing methodologies and techniques. Experience of Agile, Automation and App testing is essential. Must have experience of the implementation of automation techniques for web based products.
- Experience of designing and implementing automation scripts, and an ability to maintain regression suites across multiple platforms is a must.
- Understanding of business operations and processes in general
- Working well with different areas of the business within a project lifecycle
- Exposure to offshore clients or suppliers and the necessary communication as needed.
- Coding skills are not essential, but would be considered advantageous based upon the automation experience provided.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a market leader
Assurant is a fast paced organisation that has large growth plans. This role will not only provide you with excellent career progression but will let you be part of the success story
Job Description: Test_Engineer.docx