Lead Solutions ArchitectRef:820
Assurant, one of the leading providers of mobile device protection in Europe, serves over 30 million European customers. Its businesses develop, underwrite, market and administer specialty insurance including mobile phone insurance, gadget insurance and extended service contracts through collaborative relationships with mobile network operators, retail banks, electronic goods and household appliance manufacturers and retailers.
As a partner we provide solutions which assist our corporate clients to support their customer engagement, growth and loyalty aspirations.
The purpose of the Solution Architecture (SA) function at Assurant is to provide leadership and technical guidance in the design and implementation of technology solutions to gain competitive advantage in support of business needs and strategy.
The Solution Architect lead translates business requirements into implementable technology solutions that optimally balance cost, speed of delivery, and value while leveraging existing technologies and standards whenever possible. This role provides leadership to ensure successful implementation working iteratively with the team to bring about successful and timely delivery of business-centric, integrated technology solutions aligned with Enterprise Architecture by managing a team of system analysts and architect.
Reports to onsite line management and dotted line to Enterprise Architect function in matrix management
The Solution Architect Lead has focused areas of Accountability and Responsibility noted below.
Solution Design (25%): Interacts with business unit management, applications systems management, technology management, vendors and industry experts in order to map business requirements into technology solutions that optimally balance cost, speed of implementation, and value while leveraging existing technologies and standards whenever possible.
Contributes to the definition of architectural strategies and plans.
Advises and defines the architecture approach for projects and guides project activities toward desired Architecture model.
Acts as centralized viewpoint in looking at the “big picture” and bridging across the various technology platforms to ensure continuity of direction, leveraging of company assets, best practices, and overall integration.
Assists with Business Continuity Planning and Business Impact Assessments as required.
Manages a team of solution architects & system analysts team members and supports development of their designs using appropriate tools & technology
Solution Communication and Documentation (25%):The SA lead provides clear and valuable documentation to support the team and communicates it effectively.
- Experience with and understanding of the deliverables and value proposition of Solutions Architecture
- Experience delivering business-centric, integrated technology solutions at an international scale
- Understanding of corporate strategy (and how technology supports and enables)
- Deep understanding of technology trends and a broad knowledge of technology products and vendors
- Exposure to multiple, diverse technical configurations, technologies, and processing environments.
- Knowledge of all components of holistic enterprise architecture.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks; Problem solving; Creative thinking, developing and acting on ideas.
- Ability to balance the long-term and short-term implications of individual decisions.
- Ability to translate business needs into enterprise architecture requirements.
- Ability to comprehend rapidly the functions and capabilities of new technologies.
- Exceptional written, verbal and presentation skills in order to communicate to peers, management, and business unit staff
- Knowledge of IT systems technology developments and trends.
- Broad knowledge in technology products.
- Experience with common system integration and services frameworks such as SOA
- Experience participating in a diverse team setting
- Ability to act in a leadership role supporting teams of skilled resources
- Extensive knowledge of IT development best practices and processes
- Experience in mentoring and educating own team and fellow senior technology staff members
- Ability to manage reporting and metrics for a small set of work efforts
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a market leader
Assurant is a fast paced organisation that has large growth plans. This role will not only provide you with excellent career progression but will let you be part of the success story
Job Description: Lead_Solutions_Architect_20180501.docx