Windows Server EngineerRef:803
Windows Server Engineer / Crewe, Cheshire
Assurant, one of the leading providers of mobile device protection in Europe, serves over 30 million European customers. Its businesses develop, underwrite, market and administer specialty insurance including mobile phone insurance, gadget insurance and extended service contracts through collaborative relationships with mobile network operators, retail banks, electronic goods and household appliance manufacturers and retailers.
As a partner we provide solutions which assist our corporate clients to support their customer engagement, growth and loyalty aspirations.
With moderate direction, is responsible for basic administration and support of Distributed Computing System(s) OS, applying general business / industry knowledge. Administers and operates the day to day server infrastructure including, system monitoring, testing,
implementation, and documentation of technology solutions
- Provides technical support and basic administration, in the planning, coordination, scripting, and implementation of releases, upgrades, or changes to distributed systems OS software.
- Develops, tests and implements technical procedures to maintain or expand service levels.
- Translate business application requirements into infrastructure requirements
- Evaluate products, services, applications/tools, software, and industry developments for potential business impact
- Participate in medium to large business projects; lead small to medium infrastructure projects
- Performs system maintenance as assigned on Distributed Computing System(s) or its related components.
- Provides level of support for problem resolution across the enterprise.
- Participates in 24 x 7 on-call rotation.
- Initiates interaction with established vendors.
- Extensive experience of professional IT experience.
- Experience specifically supporting server technologies employed; hardware, O/S, and related tools and applications.
- Experience working with networking components and services such as TCP/IP protocols, DHCP and DNS technologies, and LAN/WAN topologies and transports.
- Ability to perform full time position days with rotating on-call schedule. Travel up to 10%
- Windows Server 2008, 2012, 2016 Administration
- Group Policy Management
- Active Directory
- Security Administration
- Terminal Services
- Windows Hyper-V Virtualization administration
- Microsoft Azure knowledge / experience / administration
- Knowledge of switching configuration on Cisco Switches
- Knowledge of routing configuration on Cisco Routers (EIGRP, BGP)
- Knowledge of Firewalls & VPNs
- Good Understanding of Network Security concepts and methods
- Good understanding of MPLS networks (Layer 2 and Layer 3)
- Good understanding of Load Balancing concepts and methods
- Good understanding of TCP/IP, OSI model, DNS and DHCP
- RedHat, SUSE, CENTOS Linux Skills
- An understanding of monitoring tools, configuration of alerts as well as resolving incidents created from alerts
- Good understanding of patching technologies and practices
- An understanding of Hybrid Cloud Technologies
- An understanding of SAN Storage Technologies
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a market leader
Assurant is a fast paced organisation that has large growth plans. This role will not only provide you with excellent career progression but will let you be part of the success story
Job Description: International_Windows_Server_Engineer.docx