Network Server EngineerRef:802
Assurant, one of the leading providers of mobile device protection in Europe, serves over 30 million European customers. Its businesses develop, underwrite, market and administer specialty insurance including mobile phone insurance, gadget insurance and extended service contracts through collaborative relationships with mobile network operators, retail banks, electronic goods and household appliance manufacturers and retailers.
As a partner we provide solutions which assist our corporate clients to support their customer engagement, growth and loyalty aspirations.
The AGT Sr. Network Engineer’s primary role is to ensure the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of the voice, data, and video systems and infrastructure that support core organizational functions. In addition, the Sr. Network Engineer will participate in the installation, monitoring, maintenance, support, and optimization of all voice, data, and video hardware, software, and communication links. Finally, this individual will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve issues to maximize the benefit of IT systems investments.
The Sr. Network Engineer leads and/or participates in implementation, operational and test functions for complex enterprise infrastructure hardware/software to support network, telecommunications, security (network related) and infrastructure appliance technologies (i.e. F5, BlueCoat, and SSL VPN). This includes research, build, implementation, testing and test plans, documenting standards, creating support documentation, following documented processes and training of other resources within voice and data services
- Provide Tier III and IV technical support and in-depth problem analysis capabilities. Includes on-call and off hours support and interaction with key vendors and suppliers
- Responsible for work direction of other voice and data services staff as requested
- Administers maintenance and telecommunications agreements
- Maintains relationships with key vendors and partners
Subject Matter Expert within 2 or more of the following areas:
- Packet Analysis, with a strong ability to dissect conversations at OSI Layers 2,3 and 4
- Cisco Wireless LAN equipment and technologies including controllers and access points.
- F5 LTM / GTM
- Local Area Networking equipment, cabling, and protocols including routers, switches (Nexus and Catalyst), DNS (Infoblox), and DHCP (Infoblox).
- Wide Area Networking equipment, mediums, and protocols including edge routers, firewalls, and MPLS.
Extensive experience with 3 or more of the following areas:
- Local Area Networking equipment, cabling, and protocols including routers, switches, DNS, DHCP, and TCP/IP
- Wide Area Networking equipment, mediums, and protocols including edge routers, firewalls, MPLS, and Ethernet.
- Wireless LAN equipment and technologies including controllers and access points
- Network Security including Firewalls, Network Intrusion Detection / Prevention, and Network Access Control technology
- Video conferencing systems (Bridges, Streaming Servers)
- Business Communication systems hardware and software including advanced administration, networking, trunking, call vectoring, call accounting, voicemail, and Automatic Call Distribution
- IP Telephony
- IP converged networks
Experience with 2 or more of the following areas:
- Contact Centre applications and administration
- Quality Monitoring administration
- Workforce Management administration
- Service Management tools
- Network configuration tools
- Extensive experience in network or telecommunications administration role
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a market leader
Assurant is a fast paced organisation that has large growth plans. This role will not only provide you with excellent career progression but will let you be part of the success story
Job Description: Senior_Network_Engineer.docx